THE HALLMARK OF SEABASED TECHNOLOGY IS ITS ROBUST SIMPLICITY
Seabased's patented wave power technology absorbs the energy of the waves by means of mechanically simple and robust wave energy converters (WECs), consisting of buoys on the surface connected with linear generators installed on the seabed. The buoys follow the wave movements and this movement generates electrical power. An underwater switchgear then converts the energy into electricity suitable for grid use.
The Seabased solution is highly modular and smaller or larger wave power parks can be built up from the same standard building blocks. This design philosophy also facilitates a stepwise build-up or expansion, increasing flexibility and reducing investment risk.
THE UNIQUE ADVANTAGES OF our TECHNOLOGY:
Customers tell us they prefer Seabased because they believe in our technology and because our wave power parks are:
• Optimized for efficiency in medium wave climates
• Modular, enabling flexible wave park expansion
• Robust and proven to withstand the harsh sea environment
• Reliable and simple with few moving parts; low maintenance
• Compact in size, which decimates costs
• Easier to integrate with the grid